REGISTRATION / ADMISSION: OPEN TO ALL
We do not have any special quota or reservation for any community or nonresidents of India
- Admission is open to all, irrespective of class, creed and community.
- The main entry is in classes IV, V, VI and VII. Vacancies in other classes are against withdrawals.
- Registration for admission is mandatory.
- Registration and examination fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
- Registration does not guarantee admission.
- Admissions to all classes are based on Proficiency & Aptitude Assessment and interaction with the boy and his parents.
- For Classes IV & V the assessment is in English, Hindi, Math and Life Skills.
- For Classes VI - IX the assessment is in English, Hindi, Math, Science and Life Skills.
- For class XI the assessment is in the following subjects:
Science Stream - English, Math & Science
Commerce Stream - English & Math
Humanities Stream - English, Math & Social Science
- Proficiency & Aptitude Assessments for different classes are conducted in the following months every year
Classes IV, V & VI - October / November
Classes VII, VIII & IX - January
Class XI - April & May
- Age Restrictions as on 1st April of the year of joining are as follows:
Class IV - between 8 years to 9 years
Class VII - between 11 years to 12 years
Class XI - between 15 years to 16 years
- Boys who qualify the Assessment are called for an interaction along with parents. Both parents must attend.
- An Offer Letter is sent to the selected candidates after the interaction.
- Admission stands cancelled if the fee is not paid within the time stipulated in the Offer Letter.
- Full term fee would be charged for all the admissions during the term and similarly for all outgoing students during any term including the Board classes i.e. class X and XII students.
- The decision of the Admission Committee is final.
- The admission of a child to the School is on the understanding that his parent or guardian delegates his authority to the Principal during term time and to the School Resident Medical Officer in matters of health.
- Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the School. The admission of a child will mean a complete acceptance by the parent / guardian of all the School Rules in force or as amended from time to time.
- Welham Boys’ School is a secular school, and any parent in disagreement may withdraw his child.
- All new admissions are on probation for a year. Students who make little progress owing to persistent idleness or other reasons may be asked to leave the School at the end of term.
- The School reserves the right of refusing admission / readmission.
- All matters are subject to Dehra Dun jurisdiction only.
- Enquiries regarding Admissions / Registration should be addressed to:-
Welham Boys' School,
5, Circular Road, Dehra Dun - 248001,
Contact No : 0135 - 2657944, 2657120
Fax : 0135 - 2658605
Last dates for registration are as follows:
Classes IV, V & VI - 18th October 2019
Classes VII, VIII & IX - 4th January 2020