In a rapidly changing work environment influenced by dynamic financial markets, evolving technologies and increasingly competitive pools, we at Welham Boys' School take care to provide our students with professional career advice, which informes their academic choices. By training students to seek thrill in their field of inquiry while at the same time keeping an open mind, we are training our students to be ready for the future.
Workshops covering the following areas were conducted during the course of the year
- Subject Choices and their Implications on Careers
- Subject Streams and their Possibilities
- Screening of "Parent Connect"- Importance of parental support and involvement in the career making process
- Screening of Overview of Careers and Careers Pathways
- Applying abroad and in India
- We facilitate International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (Math & English)
- Scholastic Aptitude Subject Test (Physics, Chemistry, Math)
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
- Aptitude Test for Class X – Detailed report and follow up one-to-one counseling
- Writing of personal essay, Statement of Purpose (SOP), and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Follow-up with all respective university applications for our students.
Building Lasting Relationships
The Careers Department has visited counselors and international admissions officers in country visits.
- Tour of Universities in the United Kingdom
- "Familiarization" tour of Canadian Universities
Organize visits by university representatives (India & abroad)
|UNITED KINGDOM||UNITED STATES||CANADA|
Foreign Languages study at Welham Boys’ School
The School in sync with the requirements of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has adopted the three language formula. This makes it mandatory for each student learning the CBSE syllabus to take up a third language. At Welham Boys’ we offer French, German and Sanskrit.
However to further strengthen the Foreign Language Programme the School has introduced German certified language courses in addition to the already offered French. We believe that learning languages helps increase one's listening ability, memory, creativity and critical thinking-all of which help increase learning in general. In addition to developing these skills, it does expose the children to other ways of looking at the world.
It takes many years to become fluent in Foreign Languages. At Welham Boys’ we begin from class VI onwards to enhance the students’ chances to gain the level of proficiency needed to communicate with people in their chosen Language.
The Language classes are held over the week-ends and free evenings to add to the ‘wanting to learn’ factor. The curriculum of each respective language follows the ‘Common European Framework of Reference’ of level A1 to C2. The certificates are issued by the Ministry of Education of each respective country.