Welham Boys' School

News83rd Founder's Day: Virtual Celebrations at Welham Boys’ School 05-12-2020

The 83rd Founder's Day celebrations at Welham Boys' began with the Founder's assembly which had the honour of hosting Mr. Karan Bajwa, Managing Director of Google Cloud as the Chief Guest. The school’s annual report was presented by Ms Sangeeta Kain, Principal, Welham Boys’ in which she outlined the various achievements and the extraordinary steps taken by the school to brave the new normal. In a candid interview with the Principal, Ms Usha Kandhari, wife of the legendary Welham Principal, Mr S. K. Kandhari shared the vision and passion of the Man in making Welham Boys' School what it is today.  
Mr Darshan Singh, Chairman, Welham Boys' School congratulated everyone and talked about how the Covid-19 adversity had brought challenges and opportunities for the School. The School Captain, Sannidhya Agarwal in his address thanked the School for its contribution in the lives of all who have passed through its hallowed portals. An Art Exhibition was streamed to the audience followed by The Ensemble-which was a melodious fusion of Indian and western music. A Tale of Mischief and Masoomiyat (Junior School Play), which was a potpourri of several popular heroes expressed the desire of all Welhamites to be back in School. The online celebrations concluded with the traditional screening of the extremely popular Welham Newz.

Disclaimer

Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall. Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall. Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall.