Welham Boys' School

NewsScholars’ Recognition Day (Senior School) 29-08-2020

The Scholars’ Recognition Ceremony for Senior School was held online, on 29 August 2020.

The ceremony commenced with the presentation of the subject awards – presented to the most outstanding performer in each subject.

Vedant Agarwal (JA-403) was awarded the Best Speller for the Mega Spellathon 2019-20.

Amongst the various awards given away at this ceremony were the Distinction Certificate Awards, the Scholars’ Gown – achieved by 24 students this year for the first time, 9 students achieved it for the second time and 2 students achieved it for the third time and the Scholar’s Scarf – awarded to 3 students.


The Awards for Excellence in Co-Scholastic Activities were also given away.

4 students received the Principal’s Commendation Award – given to encourage students appearing in the Board Examination to reach their highest potential. 

Last but not the least, the following trophies were awarded for excellent teamwork, focus and impressive performance in inter-House competitions :

1. The Inter-House Ramanujan Trophy for Excellence in Mathematics – Jamuna House
2. The Arthur Hughes Trophy for Inter-House Debates – Jamuna House
3. The Inter-House Trophy for Excellence in Music – Ganga House
4. The Inter-House Trophy for Excellence in Dance – Ganga House
5. The Trophy for Academic Excellence 2019-20 was awarded to Jamuna House

The ceremony concluded with the Vote of Thanks by the Academic Captain Harsh Vikram Singh, which was followed by the rendition of the School Song.

Disclaimer

Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall. Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall. Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall.