Welham Boys' School

NewsRe-Opening of School 02-11-2020

After 7 months and 15 days – precisely 229 days, Welham Boys’ School opened its gates to welcome the students of grades X and XII on November 2, 2020.  Although the planning and arrangements to re-open the school were made well in advance, we had to wait for the state government’s permission to re-open the school.
An SOP document in sync with the government’s SOP has been prepared for the systematic and smooth functioning of the school, keeping in mind the COVID-19 prevention protocols. One can see several hand wash basins all over the campus, foot and automatic sanitizers at all entry points, Ultra-Violet Sanitization room for laundry, social distancing marks on paths and posters with messages to sensitize all those present on campus.
Although the threat of the pandemic is still not over life at Welham is getting back to normal. It’s great to hear the bells ringing in the hostels and the academic block and the Bethany gong inviting students for meals. It is wonderful to see the students running and engaging in fitness programs once again.
Though not in full strength, we are happy to have the Welham hoodies back in action. May the March of the Tusker take us From Strength to Strength.
 

Disclaimer

Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall. Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall. Welham Boys’ School started life as Welham Preparatory School way back in 1937, when Ms. Oliphant invested her humble capital and started the School in a rented building, which she called White House. Later, she rented another building Bethany that today is our dining hall.