There are various ways of supporting Welham Boys’ School and we encourage you to get in touch with the Principal's office to take your ideas forward. The options are listed below:
1. Endowment Fund
We have two types of Endowment Funds: Permanent Endowment Fund and Term Endowment Fund. You may contribute to any as listed below:
Existing Endowment Fund
Endowment Scholarship Fund (ESF): The first category of Fund established under the Endowment Fund is the Endowment Scholarship Fund which was conceptualized by the Batch of 1990 in its Silver Jubilee Year (DEC-15) and they had made an initial contribution of Rs. 10 Lacs to it. The intention of this fund (ESF) is to increase the number of Scholarships offered to allow the best and the brightest students irrespective of their financial background to take advantage of the outstanding Educational Experience that Welham offers.
Term endowments are established when the donor specifies that the endowment shall terminate following a particular date or event and that the corpus of the endowment may be expended in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the donor. Until the passage of the specific date or event, term endowments operate in a manner similar to permanent endowments, with expenditures made in accordance with the conditions established by the donor.
Procedure for Establishment
The Endowment Fund shall be the General Category and will include sub-categories as per the directions of the donors within the overall objective of the School.
Under the General Category of Endowment Fund the Sub- Categories could be such as Endowment Scholarship Fund and so on.
- Minimum Endowment Level
- The Donation for an Endowment Fund will be made in compliance with applicable Tax Laws, and, after acceptance by the institution, it will be used as desired by the donor.
- A new sub category endowment fund may not be established for an amount less than Rs 10 lakhs. Donations of less than Rs 10 lakhs that are meant to be endowed will be added to an existing endowment sub category at the choice of the donor.
- A regular or one-time donation towards a cause of the donor’s choice, in consultation with the Principal's Office
- Procurement of items on the School's ‘Wish List’ (available on request at the Principal's office) or anything to cater to the school's requirements
- Funding small capital projects with specific goals and more immediate results
- Funding larger ongoing or future projects
The School thus invites donors to contribute significantly.
Some of the projects where you may donate are as follows:
- Construction of the South Block
- Air conditioning of the Activity Centre
- Scholarships for sports and academics
- Donations to Capital Projects
- Donations in kind wish list,
- Sponsoring tournaments etc.